Job Title: Bakery Assistant: “Cupcake Room”
Tamara’s the Cake Guru- Oshkosh/Appleton, Wisconsin
Tamara’s the Cake Guru, with locations in Oshkosh and Appleton, Wisconsin, is a vibrant, award-winning and high-energy “sweets boutique”, home of the Original Fabu-Lux cupcake! We specialize in hundreds of Fabu-Lux cupcake creations, adorable decorated cookies, custom-made wedding cakes and countless other special desserts! We are a currently looking for responsible, driven, dynamic, and team oriented individuals to join in on our fun “under the polka dots!” We are currently looking to hire several “Cupcake Room” Bakery Assistants in order to gear up for our busy season ahead!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Fill, ice and garnish various flavors of cupcakes with high regards to visual appeal, speed, and efficiency
- Provide friendly and knowledgeable customer service to walk-in guests and telephone customers
- Decorate, package and garnish wedding cupcakes and custom orders with great attention to detail
- Decorate, cut, and package numerous flavors of bars
- Prepare icings and eggless batters and doughs to be utilized in the cupcake creating process
- Ice and decorate special desserts including, but not limited to, bars, cheesecakes, eclairs, macarons, cream puffs, and mini cupcakes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Selective Attention: The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Time management: Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Active listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Oral Communication: The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity: The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Organization and prioritization of work: Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Creativity: The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Attention to Detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing job/work tasks.
- Stress Tolerance: Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Cooperation: Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be dependable, reliable and responsible
- Must be optimistic and have high-energy
- Must be able to work well under pressure and with time constraints